[XeTeX] Unicode XeTeX Editor for Windows

Olly Powell ojp10 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 22:28:22 CET 2009

I too am a fan of Jedit,  but I prefered TeXniccentre until this unicode issue came along.    I'm currently using "Texmaker"  http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/download.html  It supports unicode, but has a few other bugs, like not closing down the old pdf before making the new one, and crashing if you run latex with the wrong file in place.

I have a question though.  Suppose I used Jedit, or some other non-latex editor.   How do I actually access miktex?   How do we tell the pdf file to close, xetex to start, the new pdf file to open, bibtex to run etc...

Appologies for my ignorance, and my use of an inferior operating system.

Cheers

Olly