[XeTeX] Unicode XeTeX Editor for Windows

John Was john.was at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 19 15:19:45 CET 2009

Hi

I find Babelpad quite good in Windows - but I do get a lot of files from
contributors in Microsoft Word and it's often easiest to do the majority of
editing and TeXification in that, saving as 'Encoded Text' (there is a UTF-8
option).  It's easy enough to write Word macros to convert Word's italic to
{\it \/} and so on, and the (not very numerous) glitches (for example,  it
replaces the copyright symbol with (c)) can be got over by using \copyright
or some such and defining appropriately.

Incidentally, I've got a very untidy macro to alter Word's footnotes to
TeX's \fn{} but it exits very inelegantly and always makes me nervous.  I
may manage to tidy that up at some point but if someone has already done the
job, do tell!

Best

John