[XeTeX] Strange problem with Mr. Vafa's xmoderncv class

Alan Jones ajones394 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 16:46:20 CET 2009

I get the same error after using

Xelatex --output-driver=xdvipdfmx file.

The font I am usig is ITC Officina Serif. This font works fine with
regular Xelatex file. The problem only seems to be with xemoderncv.
Even xemoderncv was working fine till my re-install of Linux. I am in
the process of downloading TexLive 2008. The latest release on Debian
Lenny is TexLive 2007. Why does the test.pdf get created and then
removed.?

Thanks much,
Alan