[XeTeX] TOC isn't shown in pdf file

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Jan 11 20:34:46 CET 2009

Hello Yaniv,

On 11/01/2009, at 8:50 PM, Yaniv Hollander wrote:

> Problem solved. Interesting solution. It seems that the following
> line in the preamble caused the problem:
>
> \hypersetup{backref,colorlinks=true}
>
> I don't understand that, because I always add this line, and from
> some reason today it causes the TOC not to appear in Acrobat Reader.

Are you sure that you were looking at the latest disk version
of your freshly compiled PDF ?
Under MacOS X it is *not* true that Acrobat/Adobe Reader
automatically updates with changes to the file being viewed.

Instead, you must close the previous view, then reopen the file
(easiest using ' File > Open Recent File > ... ').

> Anyway, when I opened the file using MAC OS Preview, the TOC
> appeared. Might it be a bug in Acrobat Reader?

No bug. This is just the way the software works on a Mac.

> It is strange, because
> I can't remember updating it recently..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Yaniv.