[XeTeX] xyling.sty compatibility with Xelatex

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Fri Jan 9 14:57:17 CET 2009

At 10:23 AM +0100 1/9/09, Pavel Stranak wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am just typesetting a paper that draws trees using macros \B and \K
>from xyling.sty.
>It works fine in latex, but in xelatex I get errors while processing
>xyling saying that the macros \B and \T are already defined. Then the
>edges in a tree are not drawn (thats what \B and \K are for).
>
>Renaming the macros in the xyling.sty and in the paper helps, but I
>wonder whether there is a solution that would make xyling really
>compatible with xelatex.

This IS the solution, unfortunately.  When two packages use the same
command names, one of them has to change them.  xunicode.sty defines
both \T and \B; either it changes or xyling changes.  Should it
change its names or should xyling?  Who decides?

Perhaps since the commands in xunicode.sty are not intended as user
commands, whereas those in xyling are,  they should be changed in
xunicode. I don't know if there's a set protocol for this sort of
situation.

Alan

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages		Tel.
	517-355-7491
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736