[XeTeX] various questions about ArabXeTeX

Mohammad Gharaibeh mgharaib at uni-bonn.de
Wed Jan 7 13:53:51 CET 2009

Hi all,

I have some questions about ArabXeTeX again.

First question is about the special ligatur of the word
allah. I use the font scheherazade, for I need some
features which are not available in other fonts. But like
it is mentioned in the description of ArabXeTeX the design
of allah is suboptimal. Whereas the design of the glyph
used from the font Traditional Arabic is better.
Is there a possibility of using the font traditional
arabic only for the name of god, while the whole text is
written in scheherazade?

Second question is about Transliteration:
Is there a short command for transliteration like it is
availible for arabic (\textarab{}). I couldn't find
something like this for transliteration in the
description.

Thanks!!!

Mohammad