[XeTeX] Unable to use ITC Officina Fonts

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Mon Jan 5 18:38:31 CET 2009

On 5 Jan 2009, at 15:40, Alan Jones wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I am a newbie to XeTeX. I got it working. But, I am having difficulty
> using ITC Officina Fonts. ITC Officina fonts that I have are named as
> follows in the .fonts directory.
>
> OFFICIS1.TTF
> OFFICIS2.TTF
> OFFICIS3.TTF
> OFFICISB.TTF
> OFFICSB1.TTF
> OFFICSB2.TTF
> OFFICSB3.TTF
> OFFICSBI.TTF
>

> When I use otfinfo --family OFFICIS1.TTF I get ITC Officina Sans font.

Are you confused about the font name, or is this simply a typo? (It's
safest to copy-and-paste examples, error messages, etc rather than
retyping them, to avoid that risk.) I wonder, because here you say
"ITC Officina **Sans**".....

> All of these eight fonts are Regular Book, Bold, Italics, Bold Italics
> etc.
>
> In the preamble when I set these fonts as
>
> \setromanfont [Ligatures={Common},
> SmallCapsFont={OfficinaSerITC-BookSC}, BoldFont={Offic
> inaSerITC-BoldOS}, ItalicFont={Officina Serif ITC Book Italic
> OS}]{Officina Serif ITC Boo
> k OS}

.....whereas here you have Officina **Serif**. Which is it?

I would have expected

   \setromanfont{ITC Officina Sans}

to work, if your report of otfinfo output is accurate, but I don't
have these fonts so I can't test it myself.