[XeTeX] updating xetex on texlive2008

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr at uni-bonn.de
Mon Jan 5 18:07:55 CET 2009

Am 03.01.2009 um 09:05 schrieb Mi CHEN:

> I'm afraid Mehdi doesn't try to compile it by himself as he is using
> miktex.

He is indeed using texlive, but in order to get xetex 0.999.7 he
actually has to compile it himself, I'm afraid, as the official
version on CTAN seems to be 0.999.6 (all CTAN nodes should have the
same versions).

In case someone wants to check his location, I'm using:

hermeneut:~ joachim$ tlmgr option location
Default installation location: http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008

As Peter remarked, the update process can be a bit tricky, because in
certain situations tlmgr tends to remove itself, so one should first
try:

sudo tlmgr update bin-texlive texlive.infra

after this has succeeded:

sudo tlmgr update --all

But one nevertheless has got 0.999.6, not 7.

Maybe other people know better ...

Joachim

Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz     E-Mail: jtr at uni-bonn.de
Institut für Germanistik, Tel.: 0228-737565
Vergleichende Literatur-  Fax: 0228-737479
und Kulturwissenschaft    www.germanistik.uni-bonn.de
der Universität Bonn      53012 Bonn