[XeTeX] Cannot recognize fonts

Alan Jones ajones394 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 17:22:03 CET 2009

Hi:

I am just trying these examples in XeTeX. I have Hoefler Text
installed, when I use
\setmainfont{Heofler Text} things work but, when I use

\font\hoefler="Hoefler Text/B:Letter Case=Small Caps" at 12pt
\hoefler This is the AAT font Hoefler Text in bold with small caps

This in the text body. I get this error.

(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/fixltx2e.sty))
(./sample1.aux)kpathsea: Illegal fontname ```Hoefler': contains '`'

! Font \hoefler=``Hoefler not loadable: Metric (TFM) file or installed font not
 found.
<to be read again>
l.11 \font\hoefler=``Hoefler T
                              ext/B:Letter Case=Small Caps'' at 12pt