[XeTeX] Unable to use ITC Officina Fonts

Alan Jones ajones394 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 16:40:19 CET 2009

Hi:

I am a newbie to XeTeX. I got it working. But, I am having difficulty
using ITC Officina Fonts. ITC Officina fonts that I have are named as
follows in the .fonts directory.

OFFICIS1.TTF
OFFICIS2.TTF
OFFICIS3.TTF
OFFICISB.TTF
OFFICSB1.TTF
OFFICSB2.TTF
OFFICSB3.TTF
OFFICSBI.TTF

When I use otfinfo --family OFFICIS1.TTF I get ITC Officina Sans font.
All of these eight fonts are Regular Book, Bold, Italics, Bold Italics
etc.

In the preamble when I set these fonts as

\setromanfont [Ligatures={Common},
SmallCapsFont={OfficinaSerITC-BookSC}, BoldFont={Offic
inaSerITC-BoldOS}, ItalicFont={Officina Serif ITC Book Italic
OS}]{Officina Serif ITC Boo
k OS}

I get error this error

(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/xelatex/xetexconfig/geometry.cfg))kpathsea:
Illegal fontname `Officina Serif ITC Book OS': contains ' '

! Font \zf at basefont="Officina Serif ITC Book OS" at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric
 (TFM) file or installed font not found.
\zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
                                                  \unless \ifzf at icu \zf at set@...
l.25 ...ok Italic OS}]{Officina Serif ITC Book OS}

How do I set these fonts in the preamble, should it be ITC Officina
Sans-Bold as opposed to OfficinaSerITC-Bold

I desperately wants this working for me.

Thanks,
AJ