[XeTeX] XeTeX and stylistic alternatives

Rembrandt Wolpert wolpert at uark.edu
Sun Jan 4 20:32:14 CET 2009

Hi Pascal,

You could try to add to your preamble a command for alternatives such as:

\newcommand{\altern}[1]{{\fontspec{Garamond Premier Pro:+salt}#1}}

(you'll need the double {{ }} )

\altern{Q} should give you what you want (and allow you other alternatives
when you want them).

Rembrandt

PS.
\newcommand{\swash}[1]{{\fontspec{Garamond Premier Pro Italic:+swsh}#1}}
should give you the swashes for the font.
\swash{A} (always italic) swash variants (where they exist).

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use Adobe Garamond Pro with XeTeX, which for it's basic
> features works just fine.
>
> However, when I enable +salt, I get all stylistic alternatives, while
> I only want the authentic Q.
> Is there a way to only enable +salt for the Q character?
>
> Regards,
> Pascal de Bruijn

人有不為也而後可有為