[XeTeX] xelatex + beamer + fontspec: result is not as expected

Gareth Hughes garzohugo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 16:33:04 CET 2009

وفا خلیقی wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 12:31 AM, Wilfred van Rooijen <wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
>> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After some testing, I have found the result that the line
>>
>> \def\familydefault{\rmdefault}
>>
>> is the essential part. Why is this necessary?
>>

> because in beamer.cls, in line 255, we have:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \def\familydefault{\sfdefault}
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Beamer actually includes a nicer way of doing this, by using
\usefonttheme{serif}. Beamer will then use whatever is defined with
\setmainfont as the default (or Latin Modern Roman by further default).
The default font theme is \usefonttheme{default}, and it will use
whatever is defined by \setsansfont (or Latin Modern Sans by further
default). You can set other options for handling maths the same or
differently. If you are using a font family that has all the glyphs you
need, you might want to stop Beamer doing some font substitutions by
using \usefonttheme{professionalfonts}. Other font themes load boldface
or italics for certain headings etc.

For more type: texdoc beameruserguide.

Gareth.

--