[XeTeX] xelatex + beamer + fontspec: result is not as expected

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 03:53:31 CET 2009

Hi all,

This may be FAQ, but a superficial round through Google did not turn up much. I'd like to use the beamer class in xelatex, and I'd like to use fontspec to choose my fonts. However, when I put

\fontspec[Mapping=tex-text]{Kozuka Mincho Pro-VI}

in the preamble, I get the Latin Modern fonts. When I put the \fontspec command after the \begin{document}, I get latin modern. I have to use the \fontspec command inside a frame to get the requested font on that particular slide. Is this the normal operation of fontspec in this case? It's kind of a nuisance to have to set the \fontspec for each frame.

Thanks,
Wilfred