[XeTeX] Multi column Table of Contents

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Tue Feb 24 15:42:14 CET 2009

Erwin Ochsenmeier wrote:

> No, no hyperref package. I tried a plain vanilla configuration as follows.
>
> %!TEX TS-program = xelatex
> %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>
> \documentclass[a4paper,11pt,twocolumn]{memoir}
>
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \usepackage{xltxtra}
> \usepackage{xspace}
>
> \usepackage{ifthen}
> \usepackage{multicol}
> \usepackage{multitoc}
>

> Still does not work. Funny thing is that \tableofcontents starts on a
> new page in memoir while it should not be default and multicols does
> not produce multicols TOC in memoir, even if I comment out ifthen and
> multitoc.
> Well, it's no big deal. Thanks for your suggestions

Hi Erwin:

There's no need to load the ifthen as it's loaded by multicol itself ---
the same for fontspec, since it gets loaded by xltxtra (unless you want
the no-math option). Try the file I'm sending (it's part of a Latin
commentary of St. Thomas on Job I worked on last year). You can set the
main font to what you have or like. It works for me ... except I haven't
tried to prevent the page break before or after the TOC.

Let me know if it works for you.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma