[XeTeX] Multi Column Table of Contents

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Mon Feb 23 22:59:56 CET 2009

Erwin Ochsenmeier wrote:

> multitoc does not seem to work, even with ifthen and multicols loaded.
> I tried in XeTeX and plain Latex, the TOC is blank, unless I am
> missing something from the pdf instructions.
>
> There does seem to be a problem with memoir and multicols on top of
> it. Even with begin{multicols} …, memoir produces a TOC in a single
> column on a separate page.

I've used the multitoc with memoir without a problem. It might be
affected *where* it's loaded in your preamble --- but I think that might
matter only if you're using hyperref with it. (Always load hyperref last
in the preamble. I've got multitoc just before it).

> Anyway, what I'd really like to do is to have a TOC in twocolumn in a
> twocolumn document and without starting a new page.

That might require some tweaking of the internals from either memoir.cls
and/or multitoc.sty --- I haven't tried it. There's a separate list for
memoir stuff, isn't there? I don't have the URL.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery