[XeTeX] Multi Column Table of Contents

Erwin Ochsenmeier ochsenmeier at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 21:25:22 CET 2009

Thanks for the suggestion,

multitoc does not seem to work, even with ifthen and multicols loaded. I tried in XeTeX and plain Latex, the TOC is blank, unless I am missing something from the pdf instructions.

There does seem to be a problem with memoir and multicols on top of it. Even with begin{multicols} …, memoir produces a TOC in a single column on a separate page.

Anyway, what I'd really like to do is to have a TOC in twocolumn in a twocolumn document and without starting a new page.

Of course, I don't know whether I should post this here or on the Tex thread.

E. Ochsenmeier
On Feb 22, 2009, at 11:16 AM, E Ochsenmeier 4 senses wrote:

> I am trying to do a multicolumn TOC which does not start on a new page
> and is evenly balanced, like the one at the beginning of the
> biblatex.pdf of bidi.pdf.
>
> I can have a TOC in the column if I use the article class. If I use
> the memoir class it goes back to a new page, one column TOC.
>
> I looked at the code of the biblatex.tex and the menman.pdf but can't
> figure out for the life of me how to reproduce a nicely balanced TOC.
> Any hint is welcome.
>
> E. Ochsenmeier

Howdy,

Maybe the multitoc package will do the job for you?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)