[XeTeX] Epigraph package – removing epigraph lines

Arcadio Rubio García arcadiorubiogarcia at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 23:25:43 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm writing a document using the book class along with some custom
style definitions I'm forced to use.

I'd like to include epigraphs (quotations at the beginning of the
chapters) in my document. The epigraph package is fine for this.
However, I'd like to remove the line it creates between the quotation
and the source. The style I'm using already puts a big line below the
chapter title, so pages would look too baroque unless I remove it.

I've been looking at the documentation of the package but it seems not
to have that option, or at least I can't figure it out –I'm new to
LaTeX–.

I'm open to other options, including a custom chunk of TeX/LaTeX to
write the epigraphs.

I've also have had a look at other packages for the same purpose
(quotchap) but they don't work well with XeTeX.

Regards,

A.R.