[XeTeX] Font not found although installed

Sebastian Gerecke sgerecke at l3s.de
Thu Feb 19 22:31:57 CET 2009

Hi

I have a strange Problem with Adobes Arno Pro. Used via \setromanfont it
works fine, but used via \font\nf={Arno Pro} I get error messages that
tell me the font ist not installed.

Testcases:
Case 1:
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
\setromanfont{Arno Pro}
\begin{document}
Polyfon zwitschernd aßen Mäxchens Vögel Rüben, Joghurt und Quark.
\end{document}

Here, everything is fine.

Case 2:
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage[ngerman]{babel}
\begin{document}
\font\wsc="Arno Pro"
\wsc Polyfon zwitschernd aßen Mäxchens Vögel Rüben, Joghurt und Quark.
\end{document}

gives the following error:
#
! Font \wsc= not loadable: Metric (TFM) file or installed font not found.
#
<to be read again>
#
                   \char
#
l.6 \font\wsc="A
#
                rno Pro"

(full output: http://pastebin.com/m6093ea03 )

Oh, and this only occurs with Arno Pro, if I use a different font in Case
2, everything is fine.

Any Ideas?

Thx
Sebastian