[XeTeX] Symbol fonts?

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Wed Feb 18 19:31:43 CET 2009

On 18 Feb 2009, at 18:20, Nicolas Vaughan wrote:

> Hi Pat,
> There seems to be a problem in the way the glyphs are encoded in
> this symbol TTF. When I open it with a font editor, it tells me
> that, say, for a flower-like glyph, its unicode value is F037.
> But when I try to access it through XeTeX's \char"F037 I get the
> following error:
>
> Package fontspec Info: Defining font family for 'Rococo Ornaments
> Two MT' with
> options [Scale=MatchLowercase] on input line 5.
> Package fontspec Info: Rococo Ornaments Two MT scale = 0.87437 on
> input line 5.
>
> Package fontspec Info: Could not resolve font Rococo Ornaments Two
> MT/B (it mig
> ht not exist) on input line 5.

There's no error message there. Those are just informational messages
from fontspec when it's setting up the font family. Apparently it
can't find a bold face for this family, but that's not surprising if
it's a set of ornaments.

Anyhow, that's unrelated to the character encoding problem that seems
to be going on.