[XeTeX] Adobe font

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Wed Feb 18 00:17:04 CET 2009

On 17 Feb 2009, at 22:57, Bob Yu wrote:

> Dear all, I am trying to use Adobe Garamond Pro Font.
>
> With the folloing setting:
>
> \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}
> \setsansfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}
> \setmonofont[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}
> \setmathrm[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}
> \setmathsf[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}
> \setmathtt[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}
> \setboldmathrm[Mapping=tex-text]{Adobe Garamond Pro}
>
> But the dash etc came out weird. Could you please help with this?

Weird? You mean that it slopes? That's simply what the hyphen in Adobe
Garamond Pro looks like.

The en- and em-dashes are straight/horizontal, and there's also a
minus sign (U+2212), which is also horizontal, if that's what you were
expecting. But your example shows the hyphen, which in this font is
distinctly tilted. That's just how the typeface is designed.