[XeTeX] Symbol fonts?

Nicolas Vaughan nivaca at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 23:33:32 CET 2009

Hi Arthur and Fr. Michael,
I'm on windows Vista (and Ubuntu Linux, if needed). When I open the font
with FontLab (I'm just now downloading FontLab), it tells me the font is
encoded as "MS Windows Symbol". Its glyphs all have unicode names as, e.g.,
F088, F089, etc. But when I try to access them in XeTeX with \char"F088,
nothing happens.
Cheers!
Nicolas