[XeTeX] Transliteration mapping for Greek ?

Rémy Oudompheng oudomphe at clipper.ens.fr
Tue Feb 17 14:07:24 CET 2009

Apostolos Syropoulos writes:
>                               This will add unnecessary complexity to
> a package that is already far too complex.  Not to mention that this is
> feature no Greek speaking person will ever use. Thus, I would suggest
> not to include this "facility" in the next release of polyglossia.
>
> A.S.

I agree with you about keeping polyglossia as simple ("pure") as
possible. I nevertheless think it would be useful to have a separate
package gathering various input methods for rare or ancient languages,
aimed towards people who need small inclusions of foreign text: it is
often not a problem writing Unicode source files in one's native
language, but there are many text editors where displaying characters
with a lot of diacritics, or bidirectional text, is still difficult.

Rémy.