[XeTeX] Strange behaviour in PDF while using "Adobe Arabic Font"

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Feb 15 00:16:14 CET 2009

Hi Khaled and Vafa,

On 14/02/2009, at 9:33 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 05:19:42PM +1100, وفا خلیقی wrote:
>> Thanks Ross for your wonderful response. I actually have viewed
>> the PDF file
>> with okular as well and the result is similar to the one in Evince.
>
> Both Okular and Evince use the same PDF rendering library, so you will
> get the same rendering.
>
> The font uses 2048 em size and not the 1000 recommended for Type1
> fonts,
> and this doesn't work well for XeTeX/Adobe Reader (I got a similar
> result even with LuaTeX). This has been discussed before.

Yes, the discussion:

   Re: [XeTeX] IM Fell Type and XeTeX

which is continuing.

I'd suspected that this might be another instance
of that same bug in AR, which is why I tried to
uncompress the example PDF. Unfortunately the fonts
themselves remain encoded, so I could not verify
this suspicion.

How did you do it? Which software tool(s)?

> Regards,
>  Khaled

Cheers,

	Ross