[XeTeX] Strange behaviour in PDF while using "Adobe Arabic Font"

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Feb 14 16:00:12 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 01:30:31AM +1100, وفا خلیقی wrote:
> Thanks Khaled, If I knew it was discussed before, I would not repeat myself.
> XPDF also shows the same as evince and okular.

Because both evince and okular areusing libpoppler which itself is
derived from xpdf :) you are essentially using the same renderer here,
however ghostscript didn't even show any text for me which tells us that
it might be XeTeX's fault after all.

You can use evince, okular or sumatrapdf (under windows) to print the
file, I can't tell if it'll give you a correct output though. Also, you
can use fontforge and convert the font to TTF and this issue should go.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team