[XeTeX] Strange behaviour in PDF while using "Adobe Arabic Font"

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Feb 14 11:33:49 CET 2009

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 05:19:42PM +1100, وفا خلیقی wrote:
> Thanks Ross for your wonderful response. I actually have viewed the PDF file
> with okular as well and the result is similar to the one in Evince.

Both Okular and Evince use the same PDF rendering library, so you will
get the same rendering.

The font uses 2048 em size and not the 1000 recommended for Type1 fonts,
and this doesn't work well for XeTeX/Adobe Reader (I got a similar
result even with LuaTeX). This has been discussed before.

Regards,
 Khaled

--
 Khaled Hosny
 Arabic localizer and member of Arabeyes.org team