[XeTeX] Font protrusion --- new or old ?

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Sat Feb 7 18:01:26 CET 2009

Rembrandt Wolpert wrote:
> Trying it out, and inserting
>
> \usepackage{microtype}
> \setmainfont{Garamond Premier Pro:+opbd}
>
> the result (linebreaks, hyphenated words) looks quite different from a
> "straight" version without the package and the opbd.

Hi Rembrandt!

Does Garamond Premier Pro have the opbd feature? When I processed
opentype-info.tex, it doesn't show it. Although the log file shows:

> \c at zf@famc at Garamond Premier Pro:+opbd=\count144
> Package fontspec Info: Defining font family for 'Garamond Premier
> Pro:+opbd' wi
> th options [] on input line 10.

Also, when trying to use the microtype package with XeLaTeX, the log
file says:

> (/usr/local/texlive/2008/texmf-dist/tex/latex/microtype/microtype.sty
> Package: microtype 2008/06/04 v2.3b Micro-typography with pdfTeX (RS)
>

> Package microtype Warning: You don't seem to be using pdftex.
> (microtype)                `microtype' only works with pdftex.
> (microtype)                Try running `pdflatex' instead of `latex'.

It sounds like something very useful ... but will it work?

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma

Most Holy Trinity Monastery