[XeTeX] Font protrusion --- new or old ?

Nicolas Vaughan nivaca at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 04:28:59 CET 2009

@ Herb:

You're right on something. Once you meet character protrusion, you'll never
again see a right margin typeset without such microtypographic feature
thoroughly straight.  That happened to me when I began using the microtype
LaTeX package.

But now I also see askew the right margins of classic, well typeset books.
Thus, I wonder if straightness is also in the eye of the typesetter.

Nicolas Vaughan