[XeTeX] Xetex and Arabic poetry

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Thu Dec 31 18:55:52 CET 2009

On Fri, Jan 1, 2010 at 4:40 AM, Gareth Hughes <garzohugo at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK, that processes now, but I notice that only the bottom three lines
> are drawn with kashida when I process it (PDF attached). Perhaps I'm
> using an old version (latest CTAN/tlmgr), but I cannot see any files
> available for download for either bidi or xepersian at berlios.

How many times did you run xelatex? perhaps, just once. You will need to run
xelatex at least twice. In  fact, if you run xelatex just once, you will get
a message saying "Unjustified poem. Rerun xelatex to get it right on input
line ....".

 A manual would be great. Clearly, there are more features in bidi now,
> and they're not covered by François's manual. I look forward to seeing
> it. Will it go straight to CTAN?

bidi is now very big and it offers many features, You can look at now as a
system of bidirectional typesetting and not as just a package. There are
lots of things that I wish to do for the next version, but first I need to
finish the manual, because if I write the manual at the end, then I will
probably forgot about the features. I hope that it will be in TL10 and
MiKTeX2.9.

--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi