[XeTeX] polyglossia: \newXeTeXintercharclass undefined

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Wed Dec 30 05:10:07 CET 2009

Hello Igor,

On 30/12/2009, at 2:25 PM, Igor Kotelnikov wrote:

> Hello Vladimir!
>
> I have re-built the xelatex format with new xelatex.ini but the
> problem with
>
> ! Undefined control sequence \newXeTeXintercharclass
>
> remained. It is now clear that this primitive has been introduced
> on the transition from the version 0.9995.1 of xetex to 0.9995.2.

No; that is not true.
I rebuilt the format also this morning, using the  xelatex.ini
that can be downloaded at:

   http://scripts.sil.org/svn-view/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xelatex/config/

and similarly rebuilt  xetex.fmt  using  xetex.ini  at:

   http://scripts.sil.org/svn-view/xetex/TRUNK/texmf/tex/xetex/config/

Both of these .ini  files are dated  29 June 2008.
They work fine with  XeTeX version 0.999.7 .

In building the format you need to be careful about where these .ini
files are located.
The first time I tried, the old  .ini  files were still being used.

Find the required location with:

    kpsewhich -progname=xetex xelatex.ini

It should give something like:

     .../texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/xelatex.ini

So I renamed the old versions that are there, for safe keeping.
Then I copied the new  .ini  files into this same location.
Now the formats compiled OK, and the error message went away upon
testing.

> Best regards and Happy New Year,
>
> Igor

Hope this helps,