[XeTeX] polyglossia: \newXeTeXintercharclass undefined

Igor Kotelnikov killedinaction at live.ru
Tue Dec 29 06:27:37 CET 2009

Correction to my previous post: MiKTeX comes with polyglossia (2009/01/25 v1.0.2), wich is 1 year older then most recent version.
From: igor.kotelnikov at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:08:13 +0600
To: xetex at tug.org
Subject: [XeTeX] polyglossia: \newXeTeXintercharclass undefined

When I load the polyglossia package, I have the following error:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.96 \newXeTeXintercharclass
                            \xpg at normalclass
?
! Undefined control sequence.

l.96 \newXeTeXintercharclass\xpg at normalclass

I have installed the most recent MiKTeX 2.8. Moreover, I updated polyglossia to the most recent version manually since MiKTeX comes with an older version (dated by January 2009), which, however. has version higher number (1.1.0.2)  instead of currently available polyglossia 2009/11/20 v1.1.0. Perhaps, MiKTeX comes in wrong configuration but I don't know how to correct it. Transcript of compilation and source files are attached to this message.

Igor A. Kotelnikov