[XeTeX] polyglossia: \newXeTeXintercharclass undefined

Igor Kotelnikov igor.kotelnikov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 06:08:13 CET 2009

When I load the polyglossia package, I have the following error:

! Undefined control sequence.
l.96 \newXeTeXintercharclass
                            \xpg at normalclass
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.96 \newXeTeXintercharclass\xpg at normalclass

I have installed the most recent MiKTeX 2.8. Moreover, I updated polyglossia
to the most recent version manually since MiKTeX comes with an older version
(dated by January 2009), which, however. has version higher number
(1.1.0.2)  instead of currently available polyglossia 2009/11/20 v1.1.0.
Perhaps, MiKTeX comes in wrong configuration but I don't know how to correct
it. Transcript of compilation and source files are attached to this message.

Igor A. Kotelnikov