[XeTeX] XeTeX/MiKTeXbug: \graphicspath does not work as intended

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 27 10:13:10 CET 2009

On 27 Dec 2009, at 06:27, Vladimir Lomov wrote:

> I tried to investigate the situation with '()' handling
> in latex engines in TL2009 (Linux x86_64 system).

> Conclusion: there is some problem with how xetex program treat parenthesis
>            which leads to 'swallowing' the first '('.
> Workaround: quote names or not use '(' in filenames :).

This is because xetex recognizes (...) as an alternative form of quoting for filenames. So if it sees '(' (unquoted) as part of the name, it will scan looking for the matching ')'. But if it hasn't seen an opening '(', then ')' does not have any special treatment.

(I'm not sure it was really a good idea to support (...) for quoting, but it's been that way for quite a long time now; this was originally requested by the ConTeXt people, who wanted an alternative to '....' or "....", though I don't recall the exact reasons offhand.)