[XeTeX] most basic example with htxelatex

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Sat Dec 26 14:07:50 CET 2009

Pablo ,
> I'm afraid that xltxtra loads fontspec (line 16:
> \RequirePackage{fontspec}), so I have the same problem with htxelatex as
> described above.
if I add fontspec, not only do I not get any text, but the compiler
generates quite a number of errors because whatever tex4ht is doing, it
tries to redefine a heck of a lot of established commands. I see some
questions reqarding tex4ht in the archive, see
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2008-February/008557.html

but I would imagine that the author simply never made it xelatex compatible.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com