[XeTeX] XeTeX/MiKTeXbug: \graphicspath does not work as intended

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Dec 26 11:56:52 CET 2009

Am Sat, 26 Dec 2009 09:46:13 +0600 schrieb Igor Kotelnikov:

> Hi Akira,

> I tried my test on 2 computers, 1st is runninning under Windows
> Vista Home Premium Russian, and 2nd under Windows 7 Pro English.
> The results are the same. Attached you will find 2 files (with
> logs and pdfs). Graphicstest.tex produces empty PDF and gives
> many errors. Graphicstest2.tex produces PDF with imported figure,
> gives no errors but still issues the following warning:

> LaTeX Warning: File `eps/P(B).pdf' not found on input line 7..

Well what shows again how necessary an exact problem description and
a minimal example are.

The problem are the braces and it has nothing to do with graphics.
You get different result from \IfFileExists with pdflatex + xelatex:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\IfFileExists{P(B).pdf}{YES}{NO}

\IfFileExists{"P(B).pdf"}{YES}{NO}
\end{document}

(P(B).pdf was in the current folder for the tests.)

Quoting the file name enables xelatex to find the file, but I don't
know if it is possible to change \IfFileExists for xelatex without
breaking something else. I would suggest that you change your
filenames to "safe" names. Dots, braces, spaces etc may work but
they are quite often the source of troubles (and they often make
documents non-portable).

--
Ulrike Fischer