[XeTeX] Arial and Times New Roman license?

Keith J. Schultz keithjschultz at web.de
Wed Dec 23 14:42:10 CET 2009

Am 23.12.2009 um 01:47 schrieb Wilfred van Rooijen:

> Hi,
>
>> I could add, that in university for my thesis it was
>> actually required to use
>> exactly those fonts, so on Linux there is a good reason to
>> grab such an
>> opportunity in that case.
>>

> Haha. From all the strange requirements put on university theses (and other "formatted documents") I have seen in my life, this is by far the strangest :-)) Instructions for font size, line spacing, margins, page layout etc can usually be justified, but being instructed to use a particular font from a particular vendor sounds a bit like micro-management to me. I am just wondering: what happens if you include a graph made for instance with Matlab, which uses a non-allowed font for the axes labels etc?
	I do not think they specificcaly mention a particular vendor. normally, type faces and sizes are mentioned!
	Also, I have seen publishing house require type faces and sizes.

	Also, Arial and times new roman are on practically every system. Generally, the differences between vendors
	is small and will not hurt the layout.

	regards
	 Keith