[XeTeX] Arial and Times New Roman license?

Kārlis Repsons karlis.repsons at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 10:17:38 CET 2009

On Wednesday 23 December 2009 00:47:22 Wilfred van Rooijen wrote:
> Haha. From all the strange requirements put on university theses (and other
>  "formatted documents") I have seen in my life, this is by far the
>  strangest :-))

Well, so I remember; would have to dig it up somewhere, I was not bothering
then, but now it seems so wrong. On the other hand, if they really wanted to
describe and enforce an appropriate thesis fontset without naming fonts, it
would have taken them much longer (ah, poor people, ridiculous too). But
reviewer would be free to sink the work for a bad font choice... How many
works with overly poor font choice can be good? I think, not very much. In
this case restrictions are silly or selfish...