[XeTeX] Arial and Times New Roman license?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Dec 22 13:47:09 CET 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 6:13 AM, Adam Twardoch (List) wrote:

> Microsoft publishes some quality fonts with a permission to
> distribute,
> all the vendors jump on it like mice onto a piece of cheese, rather
> than
> investing in developing quality fonts themselves.

While I'll pass on commenting on quality, Red Hat did invest in
licensing Ascender Sans and Serif as the ``Liberation Fonts'', going
on to have Liberation Mono added.

Since then of course the Linux Libertine fonts have been begun (again,
I'll forego commenting on quality, but they are a work in progress).

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer