[XeTeX] TeXLive update issues

Maxim Cournoyer maxim.cournoyer at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 19:39:07 CET 2009

I believe a guide would help. It's always good to have a definitive,
specific source of information (say, manpages) and a more contextual one
(detailed examples on a blog, for example). I would use it for sure, as
I'm in the process of setting up TeXlive 2009. But I don't know how
practical it would be to keep both installation. You would have to
differentiate the names from both install to make them in your path at
the same time? Or a "switch" variable to trigger the newer or older
install. This would be easier to do. The way I'm going to go right now
is install full TeXlive 2009 packages from standard install. Then try to
make them work by default, adjusting path variables and such. If it
works well, I'll keep this default installation (and possibly remove old
TeXlive 2007) and if it causes too many issues I'll settle on using
TeXlive 2007 for now, maybe copying key new contents to its tree if I'm
missing a feature I want.