[XeTeX] XeTex: can't use font

Peter Baker psb6m at virginia.edu
Tue Dec 15 14:22:42 CET 2009

Khaled Hosny wrote:

> None sense, texlive installer works just fine here. I can't see in what
> sense Ubuntu doesn't allow you "to easily install TeX Live 2009".
>
> That said, having texlive 2009 would be nice, but I don't know any OS
> that provides official texlive 2009 packages right now (Fedora may be,
> not sure though).
>
> Regards,
>  Khaled

For a long time I've been happily using TeXLive in Ubuntu, bypassing the
packaging system and putting everything in the /usr/local tree to keep
it separate from things installed by the system. It's important *not* to
let the TeXLive installer put executables in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin;
instead, change the PATH to point to them. This will save a world of
headaches later on.

Peter