[XeTeX] Linebreaks in Thai-text

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Tue Dec 15 00:58:01 CET 2009

Am 15.12.2009 um 00:08 schrieb Andrew Cunningham:

> 1) how do you tell which version of ICU a particular version of
> XeTeX is using,

xetex --version   (ICU version 3.8.1 [with modifications for XeTeX] is
used in TL '09)

> 2) how to you determine which languages are supported in terms of lien
> breaking for that version, and

Me, I don't know. Probably depending on the ICU version used.

> 3) can you upgrade the version of ICU being used independent of XeTeX?

No, there is no official way, the libraries used are statically linked
into xetex. The unofficial way would be to change the version of
libicu* in the XeTeX sources... but see above! In xetex/libs you have
the sym-link icu-xetex. It can point to any place. The sources are
compiled and linked in the xetex/Work tree, which is cleared before a
new compilation starts.

--
Greetings

   Pete

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for «
entrepreneur ».
				– Georges W. Bush