[XeTeX] Finding out the default font features?

Adam Twardoch (List) list.adam at twardoch.com
Mon Dec 14 19:37:04 CET 2009

Kārlis Repsons wrote:
> Dear font gurus,
> Is there some way to find out the default font feature set? otfinfo -f file.otf
> shows me all features...

Fonts don't really have any control over which features are on or off by
default. Each OpenType Layout engine applies such feature set itself.
The script-specific specifications section at:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/SpecificationsOverview.mspx
(esp. "Standard scripts (Latin, Cyrillic, Greek etc.)" and the feature
descriptions provided in
http://www.microsoft.com/Typography/OTSpec/features_ae.htm
give recommendations to OpenType Layout engine developers on which
features should be on by default for which writing systems.

Best,
Adam

--

Adam Twardoch
| Language Typography Unicode Fonts OpenType
| twardoch.com | silesian.com | fontlab.net

Reporter: "So what will your trip to Ireland look like?"
Lech Wałęsa: "I get into a car, then onto a plane, and then the other
way around."