[XeTeX] Problem with xgreek

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sun Aug 16 03:47:16 CEST 2009

Robert,

You may have found this list because thre is a macro package for the
XeTeX typesetting system named xgreek.  However, this is not what you
have.

There is another Xgreek, which is what you downloaded.  It seems to be a
well-regarded piece of software, so I am not sure why you are
experiencing such trouble.  But one suggestion (I use Macs only rarely):

Have you tried uninstalling Xgreek?  I recall that on Macs you normally
install software by dragging the icon to the applications folder; is the
normal way to uninstall to drag from applications to the trash?  Check
the OS X help if you need to.  Also check with the developers of Xgreek
about how to uninstall, if necessary.  And, as a last resort, do as
Peter suggested and reinstall OS X.

If you have other questions about using Greek on the Mac, email me
offlist.  OS X provides all you need without resorting to third-party
software, unless you need to run old (non-Unicode) apps.

David