[XeTeX] xelatex Problem with Unfound Font

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 03:47:34 CEST 2009

When I try to produce pdf from fontspec.dtx (version 1.18) using
fiontspec.sty version 1.13 on Linux Ubuntu 9.04:

  xelatex fontspec.dtx

I get the follwing error:

! Font \zf at basefont=Optima at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file or install
ed font not found.
\zf at fontspec ...ntname \zf at suffix " at \f at size pt
                                                  \unless \ifzf at icu \zf at set@...
l.139 ...ly\notefont[Scale=MatchLowercase]{Optima}

But the Optima font is installed!

Can anyone point me to a link that explains how to get the mapping
from xetex font references to my installed fonts?

Thanks.

-Tom

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida