[XeTeX] German Fraktur Unicode

Benct Philip Jonsson bpj at melroch.se
Sat Aug 8 11:11:52 CEST 2009

Looking for a smart/Unicode Fraktur font
I found an old message from Gerrit Sangel
in the archives (from before my time):

<http://www.tug.org/pipermail/xetex/2008-July/010261.html>

> I modified the “Breitkopf Fraktur” from Dieter Steffmann (www.steffmann.de) to
> have Opentype-Features, such as automatic ligatures, correct code points and
> so on.
> It’s now licensed under the GPL, so I can send it to you.
>
> In this font, the long s is really on the correct Unicode code point (ſ), and
> the ligatures will be done automatically using Opentype. If you don’t want to
> create a ligature, you have to set a Zero Width Non Joiner in between.

Is this font available publicly anywhere,
or if Gerrit reads this, perhaps he's willing
to send it to me?

(Thought: would it be possible to set up a
repository of free or suitably licenced fonts?)

/BP 8^)>