[XeTeX] Bug with Quotes at Sentence End

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Aug 7 15:59:33 CEST 2009

On Aug 7, 2009, at 8:43 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> LM has the Unicode quotes; I suspect you're using an old fontspec
> that defaults to CM rather than LM.
>
> (Are you sure you kept the file as UTF-8, didn't accidentally save
> it as MacRoman or something? I'm not sure what you'd get then.)
>
> JK

Howdy,

Well, the line in the source

% !TEX encoding = UTF-8

that was supposed to force saving as UTF-8 is wrong and I didn't
notice when I copied/pasted it into TeXShop. It should have been

% !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

and I blindly saved it while my TeXShop is defaulted to MacOS Roman.
Sigh. The double quotes are there now (and the fall back is Latin
Modern).

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)