[XeTeX] Bug with Quotes at Sentence End

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Aug 7 15:29:30 CEST 2009

On Aug 7, 2009, at 7:57 AM, Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:

> I used the code sent by Joel and I can't see the difference in his
> two uses of quotes, i.e., the Unicode way in the first paragraph and
> the TeX way in the second.
>
> So, when I tried your solution, Jonathan, again, there was no
> difference. Am I missing something?
>

> --
> United in adoration of Jesus,
>

> fr. michael gilmary, mma

Howdy,

Hmmm... I saw no quotes in the final pdf for the paragraph where you
used the Unicode versions rather than the macro version. I assume it's
because you are using latin modern (I believe that's the default used
by fontspec when no font is defined using \setmainfont) and that
doesn't contain that code point. Are you seeing the double quotes in
both paragraphs?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)