[XeTeX] Linux Libertine font problem

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Wed Aug 5 22:17:04 CEST 2009

Hi,

Jonathan Kew a écrit :
> On 4 Aug 2009, at 00:42, Mehdi Omidali wrote:
>
>> Sorry if it is not related to this list. I tried to use the latest
>> release of the Linux Libertine font with xelatex on Miktex 2.7
>> (everything is in its latest version). I compiled the following lines
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{fontspec}
>> \setmainfont{Linux Libertine O}
>> \begin{document}
>> Th \textit{Th}
>> \end{document}
>>
>> and I got  an incorrect character for \textit{Th}. Again when I
>> replaced "Linux Libertine O" with "Linux Libertine", I got a normal
>> "Th" for \textit{Th} which should be in italic but it wasn't.
>> Thanks
>
> It sounds to me like you may have multiple versions of the font --
> probably both .otf and .ttf versions are installed. This is known to
> cause confusion.
On my Windows XP with MiKTeX it is not working having only ttf, only otf
or both together.
With otf I get >Th \"A<, and with ttf >Th Th<

Isn't a problem that the font is in multiple files: Re, Bd, BI, It, C_Re
Shouldn't they be called by something like:
\fontspec[SmallCapsFont=Linux Libertine O Capitals,BoldFont=Linus
Libertine O Bold,....]{Linux Libertine O}

Alain