[XeTeX] A typography question

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Mon Aug 3 19:09:34 CEST 2009

I agree about the importance of paying attention to x-height for
Latin/Greek/Cyrillic.  If you need to use fonts that don't match,
height-wise, and are typesetting with XeTex and fontspec, don't forget
the fontspec option [Scale=MatchLowercase]. I frequently use this and I
think it's one of the really neat things you can do with XeTeX.  (I
never tried using this with a caseless script like Arabic, though . . .
here one probably would have to manually specify the percentage, maybe
something like [Scale=1.3] for an Arabic font mixed with Roman.)

David