[XeTeX] Copying some pages from one PDF to another

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 29 16:32:06 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I used to use pdfjam to copy some pages from one PDF to another. Now
that I am using xelatex, I really don't feel like installing pdfjam
because of its dependancies, see:

$ sudo apt-get install pdfjam
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  dvipdfmx latex-beamer latex-xcolor pgf prosper texlive-base
texlive-base-bin texlive-base-bin-doc texlive-common texlive-doc-base
  texlive-fonts-recommended texlive-fonts-recommended-doc
texlive-generic-recommended texlive-latex-base texlive-latex-base-doc
texlive-latex-recommended
  texlive-latex-recommended-doc texlive-pstricks texlive-pstricks-doc tipa
Suggested packages:
  perl-tk
  dvipdfmx latex-beamer latex-xcolor pdfjam pgf prosper texlive-base
texlive-base-bin texlive-base-bin-doc texlive-common texlive-doc-base
  texlive-fonts-recommended texlive-fonts-recommended-doc
texlive-generic-recommended texlive-latex-base texlive-latex-base-doc
texlive-latex-recommended
  texlive-latex-recommended-doc texlive-pstricks texlive-pstricks-doc tipa
0 upgraded, 21 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 109MB of archives.
After this operation, 205MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? n
Abort.

What (open source) alternatives exist to create a new PDF from a
selection of pages from another PDF(s).

Thanks,

Pander