[XeTeX] Problem with converting Tibetan text

Benct Philip Jonsson bpj at melroch.se
Wed Apr 29 15:10:03 CEST 2009

luo hong skrev:
> Dear Yannis,
> Karl Berry recommend me to ask you for fixing my problem with converting
> Tibetan transliteration in Wylie  into Tibetan, I am changing to use Xelatex
> editing Tibetan text, it is wonderful that now we can directly input Tibetan
> text, but I have before input a lot of Tibetan stuff in word file in Wylie
> code, I do not know whether there is any way to convert them to Tibetan
> script by using Xelatex, information and suggestion are most welcome and
> many thanks in advance.
>
> with best wishes
>
> yours
>
> Luo Hong

I have a Perl script for doing that lying around
somewhere on my HDDs.  I can dig it up tomorrow if you
like.  It can't handle the kind of 'irregular' stacks
which occur in Sanskrit words, however, only the
standard initial and final clusters (including some
combinations of them that don't really occur!)
At least it throws a warning when it encounters an unknown
syllable...

/BP